Osama Bin Ladin – ‘Death’ of a Myth


I remember when 9/11 happened. I came home to my parent’s place in Malaysia and couldn’t believe what I saw on the telly. It was horrific. I remember how the ‘War on Terror’ began and how Mr Bush effectively used 9/11 to make his neo-colonialist projects happen. We are failures for allowing such a thing to happen. 5% of the people run the other 95%

What does the Quran say about all this? Well if we see the strategies of the Quranic Personalities, they don’t go about spinning counter stories to the myths told by their people. Rather, their response is direct. It is immediate. It is simply to establish deen. Serve Allah. There is no god but he. There’s no room for myth making at all.

Firaun , the arch-enemy of islam has actual myth makers. His sahireen/magicians. Their myths are swallowed by the people of egypt who then support Firaun’s system. This is exactly like Bin Ladin’s ‘messages’ which sporadically come from the unknown. What we need to do is to implement the sunan of the messengers. Establish God’s system and put an end to all lies…

Advertisements

Foreign words in the Quran?!


Islamic Studies is a very developed field in the West. Many universities have an Islamic studies faculty and they produce a fresh studies every year. I salue them for their work but one thing I cannot understand – why they take Traditionalist assumptions without question. It is something I hope to question in the future.

One of those assumptions is the fact that there are foreign words in the Quran. What does this ‘foreign words’ acceptance entail? Well you’ll have to start looking into ‘foreign lexicons’ which obviously invites ‘foreign philosophies’. .

I find it ironic that Muslims, even Quranists, accept this assumption. This is even when they believe the Quran says:

And We certainly know that they say, “It is only a human being who teaches him.” The tongue of the one they refer to is foreign, and this a clear Arabic language (16/103)

I personally don’t believe ‘arabiyoon’ to be ‘Arabic’ because it doesn’t fit the description given by the Quran. ‘Arabiy’ is rather to be ‘faultless’ (ghair iwaj according to the Quran) i.e  to be totally smooth and systematic. The Quran tells us:

Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’an that you might think (12/2)

The function of the ‘arabiyoon’ aspect is for thinking  (ta’aqul). How do you think about something if it’s not systematic? If things stick out? No, no, Arabiyoon means to be smooth. Even the word ‘uruba’ in the Quran refers to smooth couches.

And if We had made it a faulty Quran, they would have said, “Why are its verses not explained in detail … (41/44)

So it is the language of the Quran, its systematic quality which enables us to discern meanings of words. We don’t need any foreign vocabulary at all.