I just saw a Question on Yahoo Answers
“What is the most times you have completed the Quran in Ramadan?
I see many who complete it more then once mashaAllah. I have only been able to complete it once in the month, but this year I hope to try and complete it twice. But I don’t want to be one that reads with out taking it in, that is more important after all.
Allah knows best”
My Answer : Salaam Aleykum. I am a Quranist. I think the mindset of judging piety on how many times it is read and how fast within a given period is contrary to the teachings of the Quran. Maybe some like to be seen to be able to read it at record speed. I know there are some people who read Quran every day little by little all year round not just during Ramadan. You can look at 17:106 which mentions “gradually” and 20:114 which mentions about being “hasty” specifically with the Quran. 23:68 mentions about “pondering” . Reflecting on the Quran is mentioned here: 4:82; 47:24; and 59:21; 17:78-79 and 38:29 mentions reflecting on the book. and these verses mention reflecting on the Ayats 2:266; 30:21; 38:29; 45:13 . So I think you hit the nail on the head – it’s more important to read and understand and “take it in” than to rush through to finish it without pausing for thought.
Read articles about the Quranist identity:
This section explains who we are as an association. Since there are numerous misunderstandings that we are a sect, we will attempt to correct that with the articles below. Who are Quranists? Please read below:
1. Quranists and the term ‘Quranists’ by Farouk A. Peru
2. An Analysis of Quranist Fundamentalism by Farouk A. Peru
3. Quranism: The Metaphor of the House by Farouk A. Peru
4. Quranists: Between Reading and Interpretation by Farouk A. Peru
5. Submitters and Quranists by Asfora
6. Quranism is not a Sect ! Here is Why by Farouk A. Peru
7. Justifying the Quranism / Quranist labels by Asfora
8. Quranism and Traditionalism: Not Mutually Exclusive! by Farouk A. Peru
9. Who are the Real Sectarians? by Farouk A. Peru
10. A Quranist’s Response to the term “Hadith Rejector” by Asfora
11. “Quran Alone-ism” and Quranism by Asfora
12. Multiple Paths to Salvation by Darcus
13. The Deceptive “Just Muslim” Label by Farouk A. Peru
14. Who is a Kaafir? by Kashif Shahzada